Service & Maintenance
Mantis doesn’t require extensive services. Chain lubrication, brake tightening and routine health check-ups are required at regular intervals.
How to get it serviced?
- Get your Mantis to the nearest service center.( Service centers are opening soon)
- Routine maintenance and health check-ups are performed.
- Parts under warranty* are replaced straight away.
When to get it serviced?
For the first year, there are four scheduled services. After that only quarterly maintenance is required. The detailed service schedule will be provided at the time of delivery.
For more information about the warranty please refer to the following topics.
Warranties and Guarantees
Each new ‘Mantis’ comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of life time* for the original retail purchaser. This life time* warranty covers Motor, Controller and Frame of ‘Mantis’. PROOF OF PURCHASE IS REQUIRED FOR VALID WARRANTY. This warranty provides each original retail purchaser of ‘Mantis’ with a warranty against manufacturer’s defects. The warranty claim is covered by the manufacturer.
Battery of ‘Mantis’ is covered for 2 years from the date of delivery. It is only applicable if Battery is not tempered with and is not used for unintended use purposes. Use of any charger other than provided by Greenvolt Mobility LLP voids battery warranty.
Warranty claims only exist for initial faults that were already present at the time of handover. This includes the battery, motor, controller, display, and sensors. ‘Mantis’ is intended for on-road use only.
Damage caused by stunt riding, racing, or other abusive treatment is not covered by this warranty. This is a consumer warranty and does not apply to products used commercially or in rental operations.
*life time i.e. estimated lifespan of ‘Mantis’ is 5 years
This warranty, which goes beyond the requirements of statutory legislation for defect liability, will only apply if the following points are met:
- If bike was purchased from Greenvolt Mobility LLP
- If you are the original and first owner of the bike (warranty is not transferable in the case of a re-sale)
- If bike has followed all intended use purposes
- If the electronics have not been repaired or modified.
This warranty is only valid for the first buyer. Any other remedy, such as compensation or loss of use, is excluded. The warranty period cannot be extended by granting an additional warranty.
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage or failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident
- Damage from off-road or stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of ‘Mantis’.
- Damages resulting from improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not supplied by Greenvolt Mobility LLP.
- Installation of any 3rd party parts, accessories, or electrical components.
- Any components that have been modified or tampered with, including but not limited to tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, controllers, etc.
- Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use or rental operations.
- If electrical parts have been repaired or modified by a person not authorised by Greenvolt Mobility LLP, all warranties are voided.
- Lost or damaged keys are not covered under warranty.
Information on wear and tear
Some components of your bike are subject to wear owing to their function. The extent of wear depends on the care, maintenance and nature of the use of your ‘Mantis’ (mileage, riding in rain, dirt, salt, etc.). Bikes that are often left outside can also be subject to increased wear due to weathering. The parts must be replaced once they reach their wear limit. This includes but is not limited to:
- The drive chain and sprocket
- The brake cables
- The tires
- The brake pads
- The rims
- The brakes
The brake pads and disks are subject to wear owing to their function. Check the condition of the pads regularly and, if necessary, have them replaced by an authorized person from Greenvolt Mobility LLP. Brake discs also wear out. Regularly have the thickness of the brake discs checked as part of inspection and replace the components, if necessary. Replacing these parts due to wear, is not subject to the statutory warranty. Environmental factors cause wear on these moving parts. These areas must be regularly cleaned and maintained.
Depending on the operating conditions, it cannot be ruled out that parts will have to be replaced due to wear.